AIGA has been advancing the value of design for 100 years through member resources and as the collective voice of the profession.
The New York Chapter is the forum for the ideas of graphic designers in the metro area. Choose the membership level that’s right for you and add your voice today.
When you join AIGA, you become part of a vibrant network of designers that shares valuable ideas, opportunities and information — in New York, and nationwide. Together, we are the collective voice of design. AIGA’s 25,000 members ensure that our profession remains strong, relevant and influential. Add your voice today.
If you’re a student, just starting out, or maybe you’re a design fan who wants to support the design profession and what AIGA is doing, this is a great membership level to begin with. We’d love to have you!Join Today
If you’re a junior designer with a few years of experience, a dedicated fan, or an educator with limited means, this membership level may be right for you. We want you on our team!Join Today
You’ve been at it for a while, are committed to your role as a designer, and you’d like to invest in the future of the design profession in a more substantial way. This is the level for you. Let’s do this!Join Today
You’ve earned your place as a leader of the design profession and are serious about your commitment to the growth of design. Reflect your seriousness in your level of support, and help lead AIGA forward.Join Today
AIGA NY shares office space with AIGA, the national organization, at the headquarters in The Woolworth Building and has a very small staff. AIGA NY depends on the help and goodwill of volunteers to carry out a calendar of about 70 events per year, in addition to the Mentoring Program and other NY chapter initiatives.
Volunteering with AIGA NY can be a great way to network, to attend NY chapter events at no charge, and to give back to your community.
Volunteers are most often needed at events in the areas of registration, preparation of give-away materials, ushering, and light food service. Generally, you are asked to arrive an hour before the presentation begins, you’re introduced to your fellow volunteers, and you get to work on setting up the event. At show time, you’re on your own to enjoy the presentation.
If you’re interested in volunteering, please sign up for our volunteering email list. By signing up, you are agreeing to receive volunteer email requests 1 to 2 times a month.
If you are not currently an AIGA member, we strongly recommend you become one.
AIGA NY acknowledges the generous support of our sponsors and encourage you to turn to them first.
AIGA NY is open for sponsorships at the event or chapter level. In addition to the opportunities outlined below, AIGA NY can develop custom sponsorship programs. For additional information, email us.
Sponsor one of our large events featuring prominent speakers or topics held at a major venue such as the Parsons, The New School for Design in Greenwich Village, SVA Theater in Chelsea or the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in Midtown. Past topics include In The Museum, Design x Fashion, Fresh Grad, and presentations by today’s biggest brands and designers.
- Approximately 450–500 attendees per event
Audiences find big, provoking, inspiring and delightful ideas in an intimate. Emerging and veteran designers as well as other creatives share stories about projects, careers or passions. Opportunity to sponsor events hosted by the Museum of Arts and Design (MAD) at Columbus Circle.
- Approximately 100—150 attendees per event
Chapter Presenting Sponsor
- Recognition as the Chapter Presenting Sponsor
- Approximately 60—70 Events per year
- Includes beneﬁts listed for all Event Series, Big Events
- Right of ﬁrst offer on sponsorship of special programs
Event Series Presenting Sponsor
- Recognition as the Event Series Presenting Sponsor
- Integration on Sponsor webpage, each Event page and e-newsletters
- Verbal/visual acknowledgement at each Event
- Sponsor table and giveaway opportunities at each Event
- Approximately 10 Events per series per year (20 Postscripts)
(Available series: Small Talks, Member Series, Design +, Breakfast Club, Community, Workshops, Postscript)
Single Event Sponsor
$4,000 (Big Talk Event) / $2,000 (Single Series Event)
- Recognition as the Event Sponsor
- Integration on Sponsor webpage, the Event page and e-newsletter
- Verbal/visual acknowledgement at the Event
- Sponsor table and giveaway opportunities at the Event
Large Talk Reception Sponsor
- Recognition as the after event social networking Sponsor at the large events
- Integration on Sponsor webpage, each Event page and e-newsletter
- Verbal/visual acknowledgement at each Event
Mentoring Program Sponsor
- Recognition as the Mentoring Program Sponsor
- Integration on Sponsor webpage and Mentoring website*
- Verbal/visual acknowledgement at mentoring events
*upon High School of Art & Design and NYC DOE approval